Thursday, September 16, 2004

Is Bill Burkett Suffering from Paranoid Schizophrenia?

I'm not a doctor, but..... Read this column written by Burkett, Bush's suspected accuser. It reads to me like the rantings of a paranoid schizophrenic. Why would I, a mere lawyer, presume to make such a diagnosis? First and foremost because I grew up with a schizophrenic grandmother. ( i. e. my grandmother was diagnosed and treated for schizophrenia). Like many schizophrenics she occasionally believed that people were sending broadcasts to her through fillings in her teeth. She also ranted on from time to time about William Randolph Hearst, a man who, to my knowledge, she never met or knew other than in the newspapers.

My point in bringing up my grandmother is that I am personally familiar with the fact that schizophrenics believe bizarre things to be true which are certainly not true. Remember the opening sequences of "A Beautiful Mind" and the whole imagined life he lead that was not real? That is how life is for schizophrenics. Persons who suffer from this mental illness can seem perfectly reasonable and logical until they suffer what is called a schizophrenic break-- i. e. they go stand on the street corner and start ranting or do some other strange and odd behavior. The piece below referenced looks to me like Exhibit a in proof that Burkett is suffering from schizophrenia. While it is highly unusual for someone to first display symptoms late in life, it is possible that he did indeed suffer from some sort of illness that precipitated it. I haven't investigated it. I do know that my grandmother first displayed symptoms when she was in her late thirties.

More later.



What do you say?: "In January of 1998 and what seems like a full lifetime ago, I was stricken by a deadly case of meningoencephalitis. I was returning from a short duty trip to Panama as a team chief to inspect the hand over of Ft. Clayton to the Panamanians. I had been 'loaned' from the senior staff and state planning officer of the Texas National Guard to the Department of the Army for a series of these special projects after angering George W. Bush by refusing to falsify readiness information and reports; confronting a fraudulent funding scheme which kept 'ghost' soldiers on the books for additional funding, and refusing to alter official personnel records [of George W. Bush].


George W. Bush and his lieutenants were mad. They ordered that I not be accessed to emergency medical care services, healthcare benefits I earned by my official duty; and I was withheld from medical care for 154 days before I was withdrawn from Texas responsibility by the Department of the Army, by order of the White House.


I was a pawn then caught in a struggle for right and wrong, but also caught within a political struggle between a man who would do anything to be 'king' of America and an institution of laws that we knew as America."

No comments: