Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Obama Can't Find the Time

The president is oh so sorry he can't fit Bibi Netanyahu, prime minister of Israel, into his busy schedule, but he has time to give an interview to the Pimp with a Limp.  He also has time to go on the David Letterman show.  And Professor Alan Dershowitz is kind of unhappy about it.   And so am I.  That phrase "never again"-- I heard it first in high school or maybe before. Back in that time, Europe was still recovering from WWII.  When I was in grade school we filled little boxes to send to the refugees and displaced persons in Europe who had next to nothing after the war.   Most of the kids I went to High School, and middle school with, back in the 50's were Jewish.  They were the first generation after THE WAR.  (i.e. WWII).  Nearly everyone of them had relatives back in Europe who had been killed during the Holocaust.  While the Holocaust was, for me, a horrible story, it had no personal dimension other than the fact that my dad was wounded in WWII.  Being Christian, I had no relatives who had died in concentration camps.

But, having heard and read about the stories, I understood "never again".

And here's my problem, this whole world situation is feeling more and more like 1939. For those who aren't up on history, the second World War started in 1939 when Hitler invaded Poland.  England had warned them and they did it anyway.  

So today we have a regime that frequently calls for the eradication of all Jews and that  states that Hitler didn't do it right and we have, essentially, said that we will bow down to whatever they want.  It's disgusiting

No comments: